The Alliance for Innovation is Committed to fostering excellence and innovation in local government, by offering anonline community for local government professionals built on the following ideals:
Breadth and depth of content in all facets of local government operations and management.
Social Networking and Knowledge Exchange
Within an open environment, ability to network and exchange ideas with a worldwide community of experts in local government and topics related to local government.
A partnership of ICMA, the Alliance for Innovation and the School of Public Affairs at Arizona State University, allows this website to act as a shared resource. Via open architecture, local governments, groups, organizations and affiliated associations are provided seamless access, interaction, and knowledge exchange. The Alliance actively seeks new contributers and partners providing pathways to fresh, engaging content and new user audiences.
The free flowing exchange of concepts, ideas and best practices occurs without boundaries. City leaders in developing nations are able to access the functionality of this knowledge exchange to seek answers to their unique challenges and spur resource sharing and knowledge exchange throughout their countries.
The Alliance website features many ways to access a wealth of local government resources and connect with fellow professionals.
- Locate information quickly- Access a rich document library with continuously updated content including research, articles, case studies, white papers, sample local government document, requests for proposals and best practices. The document library is organized in close to 200 topics, making it easy for users to quickly find information.
- Post questions to your peers (even anonymously if you wish) and answer questions posted by others.
- Create or join a group. Small work groups may also setup private or closed groups and use the group functionality to collaborate on specific projects.
- Become a topic expert and actively contribute to the body of knowledge by developing ongoing documentation
- Easily post documents.
- Build a personal network. Outside of groups and the question and answers environment, a participant may use their trusted personal network to seek more private, one on one advice.
- Build and manage your personal profile via "My Account." Your profile will be the mechanism enabling others to identify individuals with similar backgrounds or geographic locations. Profile management will also allow participants to select topic areas of interest and how they will be notified of new content submissions or answers to recent questions.